Sunday, October 31, 2010

All those years of piano lessons got me HERE!?

Fact: I play the piano.

Fact: The piano is NOT the same thing as the organ.

It's a simple enough concept, right? Try telling that to our bishopric who called me to be the ward organist in September.

I think they were desperate.

It's been a learning process. The first couple times I had to play I had emotional breakdowns in the middle of sacrament meeting. I am now to the point where I can play without crying. That doesn't mean I don't want to. I still don't really know all the buttons mean. It looks like a spaceship control panel.

I'm getting a little better, but I still don't consider myself an organ player. In my next ward, if anyone asks, I have no musical ability whatsoever. They can put me in the nursery.

3 comments:

  1. nursery is the best calling ever. you get to take your shoes off and eat snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, so who is playing the organ, ben or cali?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I see how that can be confusing. It's Cali.

    ReplyDelete