Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The best date ever!

I'm pretty sure I have the best husband. When I got home from work last Friday I saw this in the kitchen and I knew something was going on:


Then he handed me an invitation that said this:

Cali Marie Rawlinson,

This invitation says that you are invited to a dinner date this evening at 6:00 p.m. with one Benjamin J. Rawlinson.

First, you will have the opportunity to pick between two meals. The meals include an appetizer, entreé, and dessert. Please choose wisely for this will decide what you will eat tonight.

Second, you will go to the store with Benjamin to shop for the desired ingredients.

Third, at 6:00, you will be provided with a crossword puzzle for pre-entertainment. Then you will join Ben in the kitchen to help prepare the rest of the dinner, if you so desire.

Fourth, you will enjoy a delicious meal.

Fifth, after the dinner meal, we will proceed to wait for our food to settle and then you will help Ben in the kitchen to help make the dessert.

Please come dressed appropriately for the evening in jeans and a clean shirt. Your presence is desired tonight for a wonderful meal and movie.

Please circle one option: Dinner One or Dinner Two


I went back and forth and finally chose Dinner One, which turned out to be a Mexican themed dinner. At 6:00, as promised, I was given a homemade crossword puzzle.


It was the cutest puzzle with facts about us and our relationship. When I was done, I had to present it at the kitchen in order to be allowed inside!


I must have passed because Ben let me in to cook with him. The whole time we listened to Spanish music, which I usually find extremely annoying, but it went along perfectly with the evening's theme!



Here is the appetizer in the "lounge:"


Dinner in the dining room...complete with a candle (which is actually a light bulb...)


And for dessert, we made apple tortillas. It sounds kind of weird but it was delicious! It's apple pie filling and cinnamon baked in a tortilla with a caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream. 


Who knew an evening at home could be so much fun?

4 comments:

  1. How cute is this! and Brandon makes dessert tortillas too, they are delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh... That is the cutest thing ever! What a great thing to arrive home to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so precious. I love the homemade crossword puzzle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is pretty dang cute! Good job Ben! Maybe if I tell Talon how thoughtful your husband is, he'll feel obligated to do something sweet for me too. Actually, I just saw a "King of Queens" show on TV that was all about something similar. In the show, the wife was angry at her husband because her co-worker got flowers from her husband just because, and she was miffed that her husband didn't do anything sweet anymore. The husband felt so obligated he went way above and beyond, buying her balloons, candy, flowers, etc....... Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.

    ReplyDelete