Sunday, March 18, 2012

Week 6&7: 5K and 30 pounds

It's me, Ben again.   This is another update for the Biggest Winner Program.  The past two weeks, I have training myself to do a 5K.   During the training, I lost some more weight.   So far in this program I have lost about 30 pounds.  It feels nice to lose this much weight.



I feel healthier and have a lot more energy.   I have noticed that I can do certain exercises longer and with more reps.     Saturday was our challenge for the Biggest Winner Program.  It was a 5K.  The route followed the parameter of campus.   The first half of the 5K consisted of a really steep hill to the top of campus.   The second half of the route was all downhill.

I did finish the 5K.   I finished the route in about 31:00 minutes.   It was awesome.   It was great to push myself to the end.  Every time I wanted to stop,  I encouraged myself to keep going and keep moving. It was great to see how much better shape I was in.   



This following week is the last week of the program.  My goal is to lose 10 more pounds by the end of the week.  I want my ending goal weight next Monday to be 245.  I look forward to a continued weight loss after the program ends.   It is an exciting adventure but well worth the journey to a healthier body.   


No comments:

Post a Comment