Sunday, March 4, 2012

WEEK 5: A Minute to Win it Challenge!

This week was a good week for exercising.   The one thing that I have been enjoying the past two weeks is running.   Two or three days this week,  I have ran/ jogged 3 miles.   It feels good to put the headphones in the ears and just run to the beat of the music.



My goal with running in the future is to participate in a marathon by next summer.  But this year, I have a focus to  slim down while training by running.  I love running!

Saturday, March 3,  I had a team challenge with my Biggest Winner Team.   The program called it a "minute to win it" challenge. Here is what we did:

Warm-up: Each team ran a mile.

1. 1 minute of high knees
2. 1 minute of push-ups
3. 1 minute of sit-ups
4. 1 minute of jumping jacks
5. 1 minute of lunges
6. 3 minutes of crab walking
7. 5 minutes of running lines in the basketball court
8. 1:minute of squats
9. 1:minute of squat jumps
10. 3 minutes of a balloon race: This consisted of interlocking arms with a partner and holding a balloon by using the back and no hands.

After we did each exercise challenge, we did one minute of jumping jacks, push-ups, squats, high knees, and situps.  I don't know which team won the challenge but I know that I got a good workout in.  I was exhausted afterwards.


The Biggest Winner Program has been a blessing in my life.   The ability to lose weight and eat right is helping my body to be healthy in the future. 








No comments:

Post a Comment