Tuesday, August 20, 2013

6 Months!

My sweet baby boy turned 6 months old last week! I can't believe he's halfway through his first year. It has gone by in the blink of an eye and yet it feels like I've been his mommy forever. He is getting bigger and learning new things every day. We took him to the doctor today (his third doctor already...that's what happens when you move a lot!) He weighs 19 pounds, 11 ounces (82nd percentile) and is 28 inches long (91st percentile). Quite a jump from the 12th and 14th percentiles he was in at birth! 


He can now sit up for long periods of time all by himself. He likes to sit up and play with his toys. We've also started baby food. He wasn't a fan of peas or green beans, but he doesn't mind carrots. 



We love him so much. I am so lucky to be able to stay home with him. I consider it the best job in the world. Ben started student teaching this week so Shawn and I get lots of time together during the day. We read books, play with toys, and go on walks. Ben is teaching 6th grade history and helping coach the 8th grade football team. We are enjoying our time in Nampa so far. We are {almost} all the way unpacked. Just a few more pictures to hang on the walls. Once we're done, I'll take some pictures of our new home!

1 comment:

  1. You're more unpacked than we are :) And he looks so much like Ben! I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete