Saturday, April 5, 2014

Girls' Night!

Last night I planned a fabulous family girls' night! In attendance were me, my sister Kelsey, my mom, my grandma, my aunts Carmella and TyRee, and my cousins Carly, Sydney and Monica. I spent many hours brainstorming and planning activities that would be fun for everyone, since we range in age from 5 to 66 (sorry grandma, now everyone knows how old you are). I wanted to keep things inexpensive, so the idea I finally settled on was a mall scavenger hunt! We met at the mall for dinner at the food court and then split into two teams for our hunt. We did kids against adults. Even though I'm almost 25 (next week! ahh!), I'm still a kid at heart so I put myself on the kid team. The scavenger hunt had two parts- photos and trivia questions. Here were the lists we were given:

Pictures:


  • Riding in a coin-operated boat 
  • Trying a sample of lotion
  • Proposing in front of a jewelry store
  • Trying on a hat
  • Holding something your grandmother would NOT enjoy getting for Christmas
  • Holding a price tag of an item that costs exactly $9.99
  • Posing next to the cardboard cutout of the H&R Block man.
  • Looking lost in front of a mall directory.
  • Reading a children's book in Spanish
  • Wearing sunglasses
  • Imitating a mannequin
  • Pointing at a fire extinguisher
  • Riding an escalator
  • Holding an item that begins with the letter C

Trivia Questions:

  • How many buttons are inside the elevator in JC Penney?
  • What is the latest start time of the movie Muppets Most Wanted?
  • How many restaurants are located in the food court?
  • How many treadmills are on display at Sears?
  • How many bathroom stalls are in the women's food court bathroom?
  • How many Coca Cola vending machines are there?
  • How much would you pay for a combo meal #3 at Ruby Thai Kitchen?

It was such a blast. I had a goofy smile on my face the entire time! The whole thing only took us about 25 minutes. Here are some of the pictures we took.





We asked. Our grandmother definitely doesn't want this for Christmas.








She doesn't want this for Christmas either!

Notice the confused looking stares from people in the background. That happened a lot!



After our scavenger hunt was over, we came back to my mom's house for chocolate fondue and games. We were so busy stuffing our faces that I didn't take any pictures. We laughed so hard that I'm sure we all have sore abs today. We'll have to do it again soon!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I'm stealing the idea :)

    ReplyDelete