Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Baby it's COLD outside!

Usually it's a pain in the neck, but this week I've been grateful that southeastern Idaho looks like this:


Well, it might be a slight exaggeration, but we've had temperatures well below 0 the past couple nights. This morning with the windchill Rexburg reached a toasty negative 32 degrees. This was the result:


As a worn-out student teacher, I felt exactly like that kid in the picture above. I've been crossing my fingers for a day out of school every since I started a month ago and this week I finally got my wish with TWO days off. It has been glorious. I've been hiding inside in my snuggie as much as possible. The University doesn't believe in canceling anything no matter how ridiculous the weather gets, so Ben has been putting on 20 coats to diligently go work on campus at 8:00 every morning. Poor kid.

We've been trying to beat the cold by braking a sweat every once in a while. We bought ourselves a wii fit (love it!) and have been alternating between working out on that and working out at the gym. Ben has become quite the little boxer. 

Yes, those are some bulging biceps.

2 comments:

  1. This is why i will NEVER live in Rexburg. I even freaked out today when it was 10 degrees and sunny. And every day I ask myself why we didn't apply to doctorate programs in sunny southern California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I totally agree. The weather is worth it when it gives you an extra day to catch up during student teaching.

    ReplyDelete