Saturday, February 26, 2011

Our latest adventures!

Last weekend was a much-needed long weekend for Ben and I. We decided to get out of town and go surprise my family in Washington with a visit. My sister Kelsey was the only one who knew we were coming. We weren't sure if we were going to be able to make when the freeway was closed in Oregon due to a big car accident. We sat on the road playing card games for an hour and a half before traffic started moving again. The trip was all worth it once we finally got there. I wish I had a picture of the look on my mom's face when we walked in the door!  We enjoyed our relaxing weekend. On the way home we were amazed by some of the beautiful scenery. How could you see things like this and not believe in a creator?

The sunrise as we were leaving WA
We thought the cloud formation looked a little like a tornado! 
Even though it's always hard to go back to school and work after a vacation, we were grateful to get back to our regular routine. That routine is going to be shaken up pretty soon with our temporary move to Washington. After some stress, I got permission to end student teaching one week early so Ben and I can make the move and start spending all our waking hours in here:


We both got hired on at Columbia Generating Station for the months of April and May. I've worked there before, but Ben doesn't know what he's gotten himself into yet. :)

Until then, I just have to survive four more weeks of teaching second grade and then I am done with college forever!!!! It's nice to see the light at the end of the extremely long tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment