Tuesday, November 5, 2013

November Update

I know many of you out there are wondering, "What's new with the Rawlinsons?"

Well, I'll tell you.

Not a whole lot.

But I decided that shouldn't keep me from blogging! 

Here's an update on all of us.

Ben- He's loving student teaching! He is doing so great and I'm proud of his hard work. He gets done right before Christmas. We are desperately searching for a teaching job...but how many teaching jobs open up in the middle of the school year? Not that many. We've applied all over- Utah, Nevada, Oklahoma, Kansas, Tennessee, etc. etc. etc. We believe that we'll end up wherever we're supposed to go (But I'm secretly hoping it's NOT Oklahoma, Kansas, Tennessee, or any of those other states that are really really far away!) Now that the middle school football season is over, Ben is home a lot more. It's nice not only for me, but now Ben and Shawn get more time together too. He got put in as 2nd counselor in the Elders Quorum in our ward. That calling plus all the job applications keep him very busy!

Me- Um...nothing. Just kidding. My life is really not that interesting. I play with Shawn, clean, do dishes, laundry, the typical mom stuff. But I love it. Sometimes when I get tired or sick of doing laundry for the millionth time, I remember how lucky I am to be able to stay home! Although speaking of that, I'm currently looking for a seasonal job. No luck so far. I should have started looking a month ago. Oops. I just got put in as the new primary pianist. I haven't been in primary since I was actually a primary kid. It's fun to do something different! We looooove our ward and are crossing our fingers we can find a job around here so we can stay. If you remember my last post, we are still doing insanity. It's still just as hard, if not harder, than the first day. But we aren't giving up!

Shawn- He'll be 9 months old next week! I'm telling you, this kid is ridiculously smart. He takes after his mom. Just kidding. Kind of. But he learns new things almost every day! He is constantly making me laugh. This last month he has stood without holding onto anything a couple times, so walking is probably in the near future. He learned how to give high fives and how to stick his tongue out.

Adorable.
 Sometimes at night after he's in bed I just look at pictures of him because I miss looking at his face. We're pretty sure he's going to be left-handed. He eats all his food with his left hand. If I put the food in his right hand, he'll transfer it to his left hand before putting it in his mouth. Oh well, I'm not that surprised. He takes after his left-handed dad! 


He loves to play in the fridge. Weirdo. His favorite thing is the bottle of mustard. He chews on the top. He has now slept through the night 3 times. Three glorious times! I'd love for that to become a regular occurrence. He growls a lot and crawls around saying "mamamama." I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment