Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day: Benvenuti in Italia!

For those of you wondering about me, yes I'm still alive! I've let Ben take over the blog for a little while. I hope you've been enjoying his updates on the fitness program he's doing. I'm proud of how dedicated he has been! It has only been a couple weeks but he is already seeing amazing results. Anyway, I wanted to write about Valentine's Day because I know Ben would never get on here and talk about how awesome he is. Our only Valentine's plans were to stay home, make spaghetti, and go to the gym. Yesterday I got a text message from Ben at about 1:30. It told me to call him when I was almost home from work because he needed to meet me outside. The rest of my shift seemed to drag on FOREVER as I wondered what he was up to.

When I got home he came outside and handed me a piece of paper. It contained information about my reservation at "Hotel Italia." That's right. Ben spent hours transforming our apartment into an Italian Hotel. ISN'T THAT SO CUTE?!

I walked inside and had to check in at the front desk:

Then Ben showed me to my assigned room, which was room #8710 (our anniversary):


The table was set for dinner and he even got me my favorite flower, a rose:


He seriously went all out. He made some major changes to our apartment to make it seem more like an Italian hotel. He took down every single picture of us in the whole house and replaced them with printouts of artwork by Italian artists. He also posted a few famous Italian landmarks around the house as if we were looking out the hotel windows. He changed the comforter on our bed. He changed the bathroom towels.  I was impressed. 


After I explored Italy for a bit, we made a delicious dinner of chicken parmesan and salad. Ben bought the biggest pieces of chicken I've ever seen and so we split one and still weren't able to finish it. 

I have the best husband. He never ceases to surprise me. Every day I'm so grateful that he chose me to be his eternal companion. It gets better every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment