Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hard Work, Sweat, and Eating Right!

Well its been a couple of months and the blog needs to be updated.  I, Ben, decided to join a program on campus called "The Biggest Winner".  The program is similar to "The Biggest Loser" show on television.   Biggest Winner started on Monday, the 30th of January and will run through the 29th of March. Here is how the program works and hopefully I can give weekly updates about my progress.   My goal is to drop 40 pounds in the next two months.  Here is what the program consists of:

First I have been placed in a team of 6.  We are competing with six other teams.  We win by accumulating points throughout the next 8 weeks.   I am on the Turquoise team. There are four girls and another guy on my team.

(This is just a sample of the colors)

Second, my team has 4 trainers.  Our trainers help us out 5 days a week and we workout for one hour a day.  We do weight and cardio training. 






Third, I have a weekly appointment to a nutritionist to help hold me accountable for what I eat.  I went today for my first appointment and they set my calories at 1800.  I have been keep a food journal the last couple of days and find myself trying to make better choices on food.   




Fourth, every other Saturday there will be team challenges.  We will compete with other teams for points.  I am looking forward to this part to help build unity with my team.   


This is just a brief description of the program.  I will keep you all posted and if I improve enough by the end of these 8 weeks, I will post before and after pictures.  I am looking forward to the hard work and sweat.  I plan on being the Biggest Winner this semester.   

No comments:

Post a Comment