Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 2: Ben's Aches and Pains

Well its time for the weekly update.   This week did not go as expected in the Biggest Winner Program.  Sunday night I was pumped up to exercise again for the week.  I lost ten pounds during week one.  I wanted to start strong and come away with a 6-7 pound weight loss.   Monday was the beginning of the week.  Before and halfway through the workout I felt like this:


I thought I was unstoppable.   I went to pick up a weight bar and do some sort of workout.  As I bent over I heard a pop in my back.  I felt the worst pain in the world.


I hurt my lower back on monday and I can tell you I did not feel for like Superman for the rest of the week.  I felt more like this:




I was down and out for the next several days.  I could not get out of bed and I could not walk.  It was not a fun week.   Today is Sunday and my back is finally getting better.   I went to workout on Thursday and Friday.  My back survived two easy workouts.  Even though I did not workout as much , I still lost four pounds this week.  I attribute this weight loss to healthy eating.   I wanted so much to eat some comfort food like go to a buffet or eat a big burger with fries.  I decided the only way to lose weight this week was to eat right and that's what I did.



Saturday was the challenge for the competing teams.  It was a tough challenge.  It involved each team figuring out riddles and then racing from building to building on campus.  It was not easy because the campus of BYU-Idaho is so hilly.  Here is a map of our journey:






Alas, we did our best as a team.  We came in last.  But I was proud of the effort my team put in.  We did the best we could and thats all anybody can ask.  I mean our motto is WE LOSE TO WIN!    I think its fitting that we came in last.   In the end we will all be winners in this challenge we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment